All cuisines in the world have their favorite dishes but some of them are so amazing that they just outnumber others. When we talk about the middle eastern food, you will find many dishes which are just awesome and speak for themselves. Among them are Lebanese food recipes which are so amazing and mouth-watering. Here are some of the most popular and famous Lebanese food recipes which you can try at home.
Let’s start with the famous appetizer salad which is also taken as a healthy lunch.
This is a wonderful salad which is very famous in Lebanon and is very healthy. To make this salad, you will have need these ingredients.
- 1 cup of soaked wheat, also called bulgur wheat
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 3 onions chopped
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- Half cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Half cup chopped the parsley
- A ⅓ cup of mint leaves chopped
- One tablespoon
salt Onetablespoon crushed pepper
Take the soaked and roughly grounded wheat in a bowl and add all the rest of the ingredients to it. Mix well and add some olive oil. Toss it and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours before serving.
This is one of the best salads which is very popular and one of the favorite Lebanese food recipes.
This is an amazingly tasty dish made in Lebanon with lamb meat and served with tahini or hummus.
- A ⅔ cup of cracked wheat or bulgar wheat
- One onion chopped
- One cup fresh mint leaf
- A teaspoon ground cumin
- One teaspoon allspice
- A teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 kg of lamb meat
- 3 and a
halftablespoon olive oil
1. Take the bulgar wheat in a bowl and boil it with fresh water until it is swollen and the water is absorbed by the wheat. Drain out the excess water and allow it to cool.
Finely chop mint and onions in a food processor. Then, add the mixture into the bulgar wheat and add all the other spices and ingredients. Add this mixture to the minced lamb meat and mix thoroughly.
2. Make small balls of the mixture
3. Take some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the small balls until golden brown. Make sure it is also well-cooked from the inside. Serve the hot kibbeh with hummus or tahini.
If you want to make non-fried and healthier kibbeh you can try another recipe which is baked and not fried.
Here is the recipe of the baked version of Kibbeh:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put the lamb mixture into the baking tray. Put some olive oil onto the mixture and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Let it cool for some time and cut into pieces
To conclude, it has been observed that Lebanese food recipes are not very complex to make and can be made easily at home with healthier versions.