The most essential tools for chefs are their knives. Chefs cannot work efficiently if they have to wait for their tools before they can work. For instance, chopping the vegetables and meat needs to be perfect to ensure smooth preparation of a dish. Moreover, the final dish needs to look good. Of course, this can happen only after good preparation and cooking. So, the proper preparation of the food’s components can happen only if they chopped the food as required. This is why there are different types of knives that chefs use to enhance their preparation as well as the final presentation of any dish.
Types Of Knives
There are six types of knives that a chef can to prepare food. These knives help in chopping vegetables precisely. In this article, some blades are listed to show the importance of each type of knife edge.
- Chef’s Knife: This is a regular knife that a chef can use to chop vegetables and other things. The blade is about 8 inches long and curves upwards.
- Santoku Knife: This knife is shorter at only about five inches size. This is a knife that a chef can use to chop fish. The blade is smaller and is lightweight.
- Paring Knife: A chef can use this knife to chop smaller items such as garlic. It has a size of about 2 inches.
- Utility Knife: This is a knife that a chef can use to chop lightweight materials such as cheese and meat.
- Boning Knife: A chef can use this knife to clear around bones of the meat and extract enough meat.
- Bread Knife: This is a knife that a chef can use to slice bread and other bakery products. This knife has a more extended width to allow deep slicing of baked goods.
A cook can use this knife for regular use. It provides a sharp edge and helps a chef in cooking freely. The blade material is Japanese 67-layer steel that helps in giving durability to the blade. The handle is made of wood to ensure proper hold and easy use. Moreover, the weight of the knife is 200 grams to ensure easy lifting while functioning.
Types Of Knife Sets
A knife set comes in two varieties: a five-piece and a three-piece set so that a chef can choose from them according to their requirements. Each set includes significant kinds of knives such as chef’s knife, paring knife, utility knife, peeling knife, and a peeler. Thus, you can use the peeler to skin vegetables before chopping them. The material of the knives is ceramic and ABS that ensures the longer life of each knife.
With the help of these knives, you can chop vegetables and meat properly. Of course, if the sharpness of the blades is an issue, then you cannot work efficiently. This is why you must get the desired size and shape of each knife. A comfortable working environment can help you make more delicious food. Also, the different knife blades can help you understand the uses of each type of knife and work accordingly. Knowing each purpose of each knife will help prepare food correctly.